Are stained and discolored teeth making you feel self-conscious when you smile? If that is so, tooth whitening is the perfect solution for you. At Saddler Family Dentistry, we offer teeth whitening treatments that can make your teeth up to 7 shades brighter and help you get rid of the plaque deposits, stains, or signs of discoloration that are affecting your smile.
What Causes Teeth Discoloration?
- Consuming beverages like coffee, tea, and red wine affects the natural white color of the teeth and causes staining.
- Tobacco use in any form, including cigarettes, also stains your teeth.
- Teeth can become discolored when you brush and floss too vigorously because the tooth enamel gets thinner.
- Your teeth may also change color due to an injury.
- Teeth can also darken as a result of different medications.
- High fluoride intake can affect your enamel.
- Most patients suffering from gum disease or tooth decay may notice tooth discoloration.
- Poor eating habits and an unhealthy diet may undesirably affect the brightness of your teeth.
- Genetic factors also contribute to tooth discoloration.
What Are the Different Types of Teeth Whitening?
At Saddler Family Dentistry, teeth whitening is not limited to a single procedure. We offer the following teeth whitening techniques to restore your smile’s brightness:
- In-Office Teeth Whitening
For this procedure, we use a whitening solution that contains hydrogen peroxide, a bleaching agent that removes stains from your teeth. The first step of this procedure is screening your teeth for infections and other problems. After the screening, Dr. Saddler will apply the whitening solution to the teeth and spread it evenly. The solution remains on the teeth for a few minutes and is then rinsed off.
Laser teeth whitening is a more innovative approach that uses a photosensitive gel. The gel is applied and evenly spread on the teeth, and laser light is used to activate its composition. The gel releases foam containing oxygen molecules that eliminate stains from the teeth.
- Take-Home Teeth Whitening Trays
For your convenience, we also provide customized plastic trays that you can use to whiten your teeth at home. To fabricate the trays, we will make an impression of your teeth. You will have to wear the teeth whitening trays as instructed and use them along with a whitening gel. The whitening results may take a little longer to show than in the case of in-office treatments.
To learn more about the teeth whitening treatments we offer, contact Dentist in Berkeley, CA at 1504 Alcatraz Ave, Berkeley, CA 94703, or (510) 653-6424.